Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tis the season

One of the best parts of the holiday season for me is Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. This seasonal offering from the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company is an American IPA chock full of hoppy goodness. This tremendous beer uses chinook, cascade, and centennial hops and clocks in at 6.8%ABV. Basically it tastes like drinking a hoppy christmas tree. I swear there is some pine in there, but maybe that is just the beer talking. I strongly recommend checking this out, especially if you are into the hops. Its a good alternative to obscenely spiced winter beers and dark stouts if you are averse to the darkness (not this guy, love that darkness). Did I mention the hops. In all seriousness, you can't go wrong with cascade when dry hopping*. I've had four so far and with every one my holiday spirit grows. cheers.
*not recommended for all beers

No comments:

Post a Comment