Monday, September 6, 2010

Glory to God in the highest

I've been wanting to do this post for a while. My original idea was to get an atheist, myself (an agnostic), and a believer together and drink Trappist beers (beers brewed by monks) while watching Ben Hur. This was too difficult to set up, mostly because I don't know any believers who are into beer. So in the end I got together with my jerk off friends and Amelia and we drank beer from six of the seven Trappist breweries. The only one we didn't have was Westvleteren for obvious reasons. Previously I had only drank three Trappist brews, so this was a much needed educational experience for myself. Every beer we drank was good, but it was almost overkill. The beers started to run together a bit. There were definite distinctions from beer to beer, but with so many really flavorful beers your palate can get desensitized. I will say that, for me, Chimay stood out among the crowd; shined in fact. Also, me and meems got real wasted on these high alcohol brews. Below is the results of our tasting. We commented on aroma, flavor, gave an overall rating and commented on how the beers effected our spirituality. Word.

I made an google docs spreadsheet to drop into this post, but i can't figure out how to do that, so here is the link. I know this is pretty bunk, so if anybody can throw me the code for embedding a spreadsheet into blogspot, I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment