Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let us celebrate

I'd like to spotlight a beer that I just had for the first time: Ayinger Celebrator. Ayinger is a German company and celebrator is a German style doppelbock. For years I've considered picking this beer up but I was scared off by the price tag. It comes in a 4 pack at around $12.00. Now I've spent much more then that on beers before, but mostly on beers that I was pretty sure I would like. I'm down with bocks, but double bocks can be a bit harsh at times. Not so with the Celebrator. This thing is smooth as hell and really tasty. Immediately you are hit with some nice roasted malts and a sweet molasses flavour. This is followed by some darker fruit flavours like raisin and plum. The medium body really compliments the flavour and makes this beer an experience. For me, this is the perfect winter beer: tasty, dark, smooth, and exceptionally well balanced. It helped me through the blizzard we just experienced in the Mid Atlantic. Also it has a really sweet label:

And each bottle comes with a plastic ram thing. I put mine around this wine bottle.

Also I chipped my tooth the other day.

What I'm drinking:
Tazo Organic Darjeeling Black Tea (my jam lately)
What I'm listening to:
Death Cab- all albums on shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment