Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beer Spotlight



I'm always looking for something new at the beer store. The other day I spotted Victory's Yakima Twilight Ale. This is one hell of an ale. It combines darker German malts with four varieties of Yakima valley hops. It clocks in at 8.7% abv. Twilight Ale is a seasonal beer available from November through January. It commemorates the late summer hop harvest. If you haven't had this beer get it soon before it's gone.

This is a great beer for hop lovers looking for something to drink in the winter. It is fairly dark, probably somewhere between a porter and a stout, yet it has the hoppyness of an IPA. It is the perfect beer to warm you up on a cold winter evening. There are some really bold flavours going on here but it still manages to be quite well balanced. Seriously, the sweet malt hits you right away but it is beautifully countered by some intense hop bitterness and aroma. very nice. Suprisingly this beer lacks a good head. Probably my only complaint. Despite the lack of bubbles i highly, highly recommend this one. cheers.



What I'm drinking:
Obviously the Victory Yakima Twilight Ale
What I'm listening to:
Bad Religion- Recipe for Hate
What I'll drink later:
One of these, not sure which one yet-

2 comments:

  1. Danny,
    I gotta admit. I love your blog.
    -cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the Twilight Ale have traces of teen heart throbbiness and Mormon sentiment? If you first cleanse your pallet with Tiger Beat, you'll taste it.

    ReplyDelete